GREThA - Research Unit in theoretical and applied economics
Welcome to GREThA’s website !
GREThA is a joint research unit between Bordeaux IV University and CNRS . The unit gathers more than 40 permanent active researchers, with an activity of constant research and scientific production.
The scientific project of the unit includes three research programs where all competences present within the unit are put forward to ensure a credible articulation with the recent developments of economic science around theoretical and empirical issues.
GREThA’s researchers are involved in several international networks and take part in European projects within the framework of the 6th framework program of the European Commission (FP6) and in the 7th (FP7).
Organisation of the research unit
- Director : Marc-Alexandre Sénégas
- Deputy director : Jean-Christophe Péreau
- Administrative manager : Christelle Bellenger
Organisation in research programs
Our research program covers the current questionings of the economic analysis concerning :
- The decentralization of the economic coordination and the importance of local logics in the economic dynamics ;
- The fragility of the banking and financial structures, and need for new forms of regulation regarding a process of globalisation characterized by a strong financiarisation of the economic activities ;
- Importance of a sustainable management of the natural resources, in particular of water, whose scarcity weighs more and more on human activities, including in Northern countries.
- A reconsideration of the industrial policies in the light of dynamics where the technological development, logics of actors and the increasing capitalization question the vision that we have of these policies.
- A detailed analysis of the evolution and determinants of the distribution of wealth, especially regarding a process of globalisation in which this distribution is parallel to an impoverishment in the South but also in North.
Diversity of approaches
Our research programs mobilize all our competences in theoretical and applied economics (by associating those of other teams involved in the scientific project) :
- Empirical analyses combining case studies and econometric models ;
- Theoretical analyses mobilizing evolutionist, neo-classic, Keynesian and regulationnist approaches ;
- Modeling strategies going from appreciative theories to evolutionary agent-based models and more standard models.
>>> send an email
>>> Telephone : +33 (0)5 56 84 25 75
GREThA (UMR CNRS 5113)
Université Montesquieu Bordeaux IV
Avenue Léon Duguit